Sunday, March 06, 2011

the adorable Amy Adams

How vintage cute is Amy Adams?  I freaking love her.  I love that she's a bit unusual in coloring and style, and not your "typical Hollywood" beauty.  Check out the gorgeous summery dress she is wearing in these stills (snagged from the Daily Mail) in the new Muppet Movie.






Love the sweetheart neckline, the full circle skirt, the seersucker (seersucker!), the tulip sleeves...I love love love this dress!  
Love her shoes (corally-orange!), her hair and her summer straw handbag.  Perfection.

Now I think I 'm going to immediately go watch Miss Pettigrew Lived for a Day.  And Leap Year, which had some wonderful costume changes.  Remember this yummy grey silk slip with yellow lace trim:

 
And this adorable floral top with TURQUOISE buttons and piping??


And why haven't I knocked this beautiful top off yet?


Sunday's.  Almost as good as Saturday's.

9 comments:

  1. The other thing I like about her is she's not bone-thin and over-muscled, like some sort of professional athlete. I mean, that's an ok look (lest we get hate mail from people complaining) if you're a professional athlete. Is it necessary for an actress? Seems unlikely. (I'm partial to her coloring as well, but then I've always had a soft spot for redheads... I ALWAYS wanted to have red hair when I was a kid).


    Oh dear. Word verification? "pricily". I hope this isn't a google-universe commentary on my online spending future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great example of how to use vintage style in a modern way. I always worry when I make vintage pieces that they will look like a costume, but this is a great example to follow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ~ * ♥ * ~

    I love Amy Adam's sense of style and I have to say Miss Pettigrew lives for a day is one of my favorite movies!!

    I just adore how Miss Pettigrew takes the thing that happen to her; and how she gets her happily ever after {is a sucker for a happy ending} and of course ~ the clothes!! Ordinary and screen glamorous side by side ~ it's a perfect juxtaposition that gives you a real sense of the era's wear.

    Love it! Enjoy the movie Angie, and sorry for the fan rave...
    > O <

    xox,
    bonita of Depict This!
    ~ * ♥ * ~

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just watched Leap Year for the first time last weekend. Loved it, loved Amy Adams in it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like Amy Adams too! She is pale and curvy (at least by Hollywood standards) - a standard of beauty I can reasonably aspire to.

    We just read "Mrs Pettigrew Lives for a Day" in my book group. It's a wonderful frothy, joyful little book that takes about a day to read (two with interruptions.) I never saw the movie but book club members were complaining that the movie was "dark" and not as happy. So, if you liked the movie because it was light and bright, then you simply must read the book!

    ReplyDelete
  6. She's adorable. I'm pretty excited by tulip sleeves at the moment, very interesting to see them on someone else.

    I never saw those two movies but I'll add them to the list. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love her in Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day and Leap Year! :) I'd totally steal her wardrobe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. :) I love how you show the lovely fashions in movies. So fun.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, and thank you in advance for reading and commenting! &