Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

I'm thankful for my beautiful children, my family, my health, a job I enjoy, and for all of you, my sewing community friends. There have been many times you have brightened a dreary day or boosted flagging spirits.

The single and alone are often forgotten or overlooked, so if you are alone this holiday season, know that I feel your frustration and share your loneliness. Remembering to be grateful for all of your blessings helps put everything into perspective.

I wish you all a wonderful Thanksgiving in the US, and for those in other parts of the world, I send a heartfelt thank you for the visits, the comments and for extending the hand of friendship.


ps...If you are in the Chicago area and or just watching the McDonald's Thanksgiving Parade, our high school band is in the windy city to march this morning. Sending warm, toasty fingers and toes their way!

2 comments:

  1. Lovely post! I've invited my single friend and her son for dinner this year. And I've been wondering since I extended the invitation why I've never done so before.

    I hope your holiday is filled with cheer and small blessings. It's snowing here again :) g

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving, Angie. Having spent a time as a single mom, as you know, I understand. But, in many ways I count it as a blessing because I'm more thankful for my kids now than I might havce been had everything been a fairytale the first time. God always makes lemonade, you know. :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, and thank you in advance for reading and commenting! &