Monday, July 06, 2009

Simplicity 3835: Built by Wendy

Another day, another Built By Wendy top! This time I tried 3835, the peasant top version.

I love this one! I cut out the 18 and did an FBA using Nancy Zieman's pin & rotate method (I'm sure there's another name for it.) I was a little worried about the armhole depth since that was a problem on the last one, so I pin-fit before cutting out. No problem with the armhole this time!

It's a simple pattern to put together, elastic casing on armholes & neckline (note the super cute red & pink dotty print, another "Everything but the Kitchen Sink" print by RJR):

I did a simple turned up hem. I made a little tube to tie into a bow at the center front, like a drawstring (totally fake.)


I only have it pinned now, because I want to make one of these also, which would add another cute detail to pin on.


Or this one by my old ebay pal Meg:


And here's me in yet another not terribly good picture. (My hair, for one thing, isn't that red in real life! It's more the color it was in Sunday's photo!) I'm also way blown out by the sunset. Still...I think you can see what a cute top this is! It's very cute on, like a semi-fitted peasant top. The neckline is just perfect.


All in all, I'm very impressed with the Built by Wendy pattern line. I'm going to have to try one of the button front items, a jacket or her cute top. I do have the Sew U book that includes basic patterns, but they only go to a size 12 (who's brilliant idea was that anyway??)

I also hung laundry out on the line today, including more quilting cottons for future project.


And I made zucchini bread from my dad's neverending stash of fresh zucchini (a loaf for me and a loaf for my dad & mom!) I used Paula Deen's recipe on Food Network. It was YUMMY. (this obviously isn't a foodie blog, because we always eat the food before I remember to snap a pic! HA!)

8 comments:

  1. 2 really cute tops, Angie! Looks like summer is treating you well so far!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love both your tops , so pretty . You always look fantastic :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute tops. I love that print.

    ReplyDelete
  4. CUTE! I made two tops from that pattern and I love them, too. They're a great alternative to t-shirts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another great little top, Angie. You are really sewing up a storm lately.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute top! The print is really darling.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great top - I love the pretty print and simple lines.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay I am a dork. When I saw this post, I thought it was the same post and just moved on. What a cute top. I love that your "Laundry" is all prewashed fabric :) Is that Stella behind your legs?

    So - do we get another new for you garment again today? g

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, and thank you in advance for reading and commenting! &