Monday, April 14, 2008

Hip Skirts

Well, I scraped together enough MOJO to start a new project!

The pattern is Favorite Things Hip Skirts, and the Fabric is part of the Amy Butler Midwest Modern line. Not entirely in love with this little skirt yet...not the fault of the wild print, which I LOVE. But I think the skirt is going to be a little too short. Hmph.

If it IS too short on completion, I will accept responsibility on this one. I noticed the shortness when I was cutting out the pattern, but the pattern envelope photo appears the perfect length. I assumed there would be a little perfect length voodoo happenin at some point.

So far, no voodoo progression, but here's the skirt thus far...


Looks pretty cute flat on my table. We'll see how much I like those pleats when it's time to launder and press the skirt. OR when it's just short enough to show my flabby knees.

8 comments:

  1. Oh I hope it turns out for you - that fabric is too cute not to be swirling about and showing off its cuteness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, that fabric is lovely! It screams SPRING! The skirt sure looks cute sitting on the table; I'll keep my fingers crossed that it works out as you hope!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The fabric is adorable. This will be a cute skirt...I do hope it works out for you!
    *Heidi*

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH! I cannot wait to see it finished. I have some of AB's new fabric that I want to use to make this as well...my only problem (besides my MOJO) is it's gray and yellow...I didn't plan the fabric purchase very well, no shirt or shoes to match...hmph

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous4:31 PM

    Great fabric! It is giving me spring fever!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your blog title is absolulely correct! A hip skirt it will be.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That fabric is great. I hope it works out. I suppose that's one advantage of being short - I rarely have to worry about things being too short...

    ReplyDelete
  8. If it ends too short, how about lining it and having a lace band or coordinating fabric showing from the underlayer? Or adding a band to the skirt? I think I have to in search of that pattern today for a piece of fabric I just picked up in New York while on vacation. Thanks for the inspiration. g

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, and thank you in advance for reading and commenting! &