Wednesday, July 18, 2007

The Big Easy

Glimpses of my week in New Orleans!

Me & Cheryl on the mighty Mississippi...

The gorgeous French Quarter...


Dozens of interesting side streets to explore...


Lively Bourbon St...


Block after block of Katrina devastation...many neighborhoods are still ghost towns, with homes abandoned...



The yello X on the house below denotes the water level when the rescue crews came by...


and the promise of brighter tomorrow, some of Harry Connick Jr's Musician's Row houses:


The historic Garden District with its beautiful old homes...


and spooking ourselves on Friday the 13th in Lafayette Cemetery...


All in all a fun week! (Oh, and I learned stuff too, being as I was at a convention.) I sure am glad to be home though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you, and thank you in advance for reading and commenting! &