Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year!!

Yesterday I finally sewed something I actually want to wear (I've had 2 wadders this week. Sheesh.) I used Kwik Sew 3434, new this fall: Not terribly figure flattering to my uber curvy bod, but what the hey. I had the perfect fabric. I used a really slippery mystery knit from the $1 table at WM, that has been aging in my stash forEVER. I'm talking 5 years at least. It's a nice weight though, and looks really nice. Was probably an end remnant. I had 3 or 4 yards of it, so I've still got a couple of yards. Not sure I'd want to use it again though. It was a bugger to sew. Slid all over the place when I was trying to put in the sleeves. Anywho, here's the finished product, minus the sleeve cuffs. I can't decide if I like them or not, so haven't put them on.


I will of course wear a black cami underneath. Or I do have a perfectly matched piece of lavendar knit from Fashion Fabrics that I've been saving, so I could do a cami out of that. It's hard to tell from the photo or the line drawing, but the drape in front is created by pleating at the shoulder seams & gathering the overlap at the front waist. The front bodice pattern actually looks like a wrap top. My knit is so slippery, the "folds" are sliding all over the place, but I still think it looks fine. I'm just glad to have finished something I can wear when I go back to school next week.

Ugh. I can't believe I just reminded myself I've got to go back. Sigh.


6 comments:

  1. Angie, that's a great top - I'm sure it looks fabulous on you. Nice to see you have some of your sewing mojo back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year Angie! ~Rebecca :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just thinking you could get really daring and wear the top ala Laura Bennet, with just some rescu tape doing duty.
    Seriously though, Great top. Do you like it on you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marji...HA!!! I haven't seen my ribs in 5 years, so what would I tape it to??? LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous2:51 PM

    top looks terrific! I vote for black tank, no sleeve poufs:-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I recently made top one also. I also have a bit too many curves for it, but I sure like wearing it. I really like the fabric you choose to make yours out of.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, and thank you in advance for reading and commenting! &