Saturday, June 24, 2006

Ami-Goo-WHO-me?


No....Ah-me-goo-ROO-me. Or amigurumi, appropriately. Is this not the cutest little monkey you've ever seen? You can adopt her here. The crochet bug has bitten hard! Funnily enough, I've got a 1970's pamphlet wtih a bunch of these little animals in it (a CUTE donkey, and a siamese kitty.) I picked it up at a yard sale eons ago and have had it stashed away because it SPOKE MY NAME, in a big way.

So...this week's FRIDAY TUTE is all about amigurumi. Uh, ya, I know it's Saturday. Sue me.

Amigurumi means 'knitted or crocheted doll' in Japanese. They're worked in the round in single crochet. There's a great little intro to amigurumi on the CrochetMe website. There are, admittedly, not-so-cute little ones. (What's up with the fascination with mushrooms?!)
But most are "that's so dang cute I could eat it up" cute. There are tons of free patterns. Like the ones found here. And just to direct you to the cutest piggie around, go here. Look at his widdle face!!!
Patterns to purchase, of course, are becoming the norm as amigurumi becomes more popular. Some GREAT ones can be found on Etsy, search "amigurumi patterns". There is an ADORABLE pattern at RoxyCrafts.

Go craftsters! Grab your crochet hook & some wooly yarnstuffs & make me somethin'!

a

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you, and thank you in advance for reading and commenting! &